Senior Creative Director
I am a senior creative director at Twenty Four 7, a retail strategy and experience design agency based in Portland, Oregon.
My career brings together event, retail, multimedia, digital, and exhibition design. At Twenty Four 7, I am part of an awesome team of award-winning consumer experience experts.
Concepting is my forte. I see a blank sheet of paper as an infinite space, full of potential. It is the beginning of new things. Conceptualization is not an elusive or mysterious art, and it doesn't happen in the vaccuum of a designer's ego. It is informed by research and by listening carefully to clients and their customers. It is guided by insights and strategic thinking. It's an iterative exploration of trial and error and of discovery through rapid sketching and writing. Sometimes it's a solo endeavor, but mostly it's a process inspired and enabled by teamwork and collaboration. Great ideas are out there, everywhere, waiting to be created.
Senior Creative Director • Twenty Four 7 • Portland
2014 - current
- The Work: Retail and brand strategy, marketing, and design with specialties in experience and digital marketing, 2D, 3D and interactive design
- The Role: Creative team lead, creative direction, art direction, lead design, and project planning
- The Notable: Multimedia consumer experiences for AT&T's flagship stores, new identity, consumer experience and retail design for Seattle Credit Union, and websites, consumer experience, and retail design for Breville.
Project Director • Ralph Appelbaum Associates • NYC
- The Work: Museum exhibition and visitor center design
- The Role: Creative and design lead for new-business development - included concept and content development, project planning, and estimating for competitions and proposals
- The Notable: The winning submission for the new Shanghai Planetarium in Lingang New City, soon to be the world's largest planetarium and space science center.
Design Director • Thinc Design • NYC
- The Work: Museum exhibition, visitor center, and trade show design
- The Role: Creative team lead and lead design on multiple projects
- The Notable: Design development of the National September 11 Memorial Museum in New York City.
Creative Director • Exhibitgroup/Giltspur’s • NYC
2004-2007 ('04-'06 Senior Designer, '07 Creative Director)
- The Work: Trade shows, marketing events, and B2B showrooms
- The Role: Creative team lead and lead design
- The Notable: Our team grew the LG account from $3 million to over $17 million in just 3 years. Projects for LG included their exhibits for CES, CTIA, and the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, as well as numerous press events and sponsorship venues.
I am a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University and hold a Bachelor of Architecture degree with University Honors.
Awards & Press Highlights
I am honored to announce that two projects I worked on while at Thinc were recently included in SEGD's Top 20 Most Influential Exhibit Designs of this Century; 'Infinite Variety' and 'You! The Experience.'
My work has won many of the industry's top awards including the THEA Award, the SEGD Global Design Award, and the IDEA Award, and has been featured in numerous publications, including Interior Design magazine, New York magazine, Event Design magazine, Wired, and The New York Times. The Infinite Variety exhibition has also been featured on Hallmark Channel’s The Martha Stewart Show and on channel THIRTEEN’s weekly series SundayArts.
To see a complete list of awards click here.
Nearly every project that I have worked on has included multimedia design. Museum exhibition projects in particular employ diverse digital technologies to create theatrical, educational, and immersive experiences. From 360° holographic animations and VR environments to touch-screen interactives and motion-tracking projections, my experience extends across many mediums, technologies, and roles:
• I work with content developers to create concepts and storyboards.
• I develop and write media narratives and media treatments.
• I provide art direction and creative direction, often working directly with media producers, directors, and developers.
• I concept UX and work with programmers to develop content-appropriate/audience-appropriate/tech-appropriate UI.
• And I work with AV engineers and integrators to determine hardware schematics and specifications, and to ensure that the designs and the technologies work together.